“Complaining is not a strategy“
On a scale of 1 – 10, how happy are you? Are you moving? Is your life what you want it to be or are you stuck, not getting the results you truly want. Below is a list of signs and symptoms of stuckness – see if you recognize yourself or your team.
- Your life feels flat or dull and nothing really excites you.
- Your spaces (such as your office, home or specific rooms in your house) feel oppressive or uninviting.
- Your language is negative and you use words like “can’t”, “stuck”, “I should” “never” or “always”, etc.
- There are items on your to-do list that have been there for a very long time.
- You have general aches and pains that can’t be tracked back to anything specific.
- You spend a lot of time with your shadow comforts (i.e. TV, food, computer games, gossip, napping, shopping, etc) and you feel ashamed.
- You have trouble sleeping or you sleep too much.
Now the good news. Acknowledging that you are stuck is the perfect place to begin. If you don’t do this, you will stay in a place of stuckness (or what I call crappy) and less time moving and feeling happy. More Happy, Less Crappy I always say!
Begin where you are. If you see you are stuck, decide right now to do something about it. What you do is less important than committing to do something!
If you are really committed . . . choose one of the items below as a place to begin.
- Write a note to yourself on your refrigerator or bathroom mirror that you deserve “Happy” and will do what you have to make it happen.
- Schedule a day off work to go and tickle your senses. Go where there is color or flavor or sounds that speak to your soul.
- Enlist the help of a friend (perhaps someone who is also pursuing a happier life) and brainstorm how you can support one another.
If none of these work choose something else . . . just choose to start today.
Change only happens when you change. Contact me if you are ready to take real steps in 2014 to get unstuck.
Do you already know you are stuck and ready to get rockin’ and quit wasting time? Click here and begin to “Work Your But Off: A 30 Day Program to Help You Eliminate Your Excuses and Get Your Buts Off the Couch”
Cheri is a speaker, trainer, coach and has authored two books. She helps people and organizations break out of old mindsets so they can lead happy, motivated and fired up lives. She blogs to ignite you and help you get unstuck!